My name is Jensen. I have been living in San Francisco for about three and half years now and fall more in love with this city every day; it's magical, I swear.
I am currently finishing up my final semester at SF State. Part of my final semester is researching a problem and developing a solution to it within the field of my studies. This blog is a place where I will document my progress along the way, and also an online visual journal for anything that I think will be inspiring, influential, or necessary to my success in completing my research and determining a solution.
My studies in DAI have been in visual communication design, and I have enjoyed every bit of it.
I am inspired by those around me. I love getting to know people and learning their stories. Everyone comes from such different places in life and the way that others tackle different problems or think about things is definitely inspiring and always gets me thinking about things from a new perspective, which is definitely crucial to this field.
I would say that my environment is probably the biggest influence I have. I feel so lucky so live in this city, and it is a never-ending source of inspiration. I love that you can go from the bustle of the city to the quietness of nature within a few minutes and definitely draw on both aspects for inspiration in my work. My interests are constantly changing, and that definitely influences my thoughts and work, as well. Whether it be a certain type of movie, book, artist, etc., that I'm currently interested in, I pull from the styles to push the boundaries that I've already set for myself.
My vision for my life is constantly changing and growing. I eventually want to have my own business, but I'd like to be able to combine different aspects of my interests into it, rather than sticking myself into one category and not having room for anything else. I love being around others and creating community with them and would definitely want that to be a part of what I'm doing. It will definitely be a constantly evolving business, as I know I won't be able to tackle everything that I envision for it at once, but I think that is one of the things that really has me hooked on it. Life is so much about the journey for me, and so it seems fitting that my one day business not have a super concrete plan right now.
The photo above holds so many wonderful memories. In short, I feel that it captures the six words listed below and the moment that it captures sums up a large part of who I am and where I see my life going.
Curious. Craft. Balance. Adventure. Truth. Simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment